There are numerous ways in which we can receive energy work. Here's what I have discovered over the years from both giving and receiving energy work:
1. If it's your first time having energy work, but you have a solid meditation or yoga practice and are able to quiet the mind easily and go deep into yourself then we can do deeper Active work with you even if its your first time seeing me.
2. If you have had energy work before, receive it somewhat regularly and are on your healing path, we can do deeper Active work if it's your first time seeing me.
3. For people who have never had energy work before, aren't practicing a modality that quiets the mind and the mind has a hard time relaxing, trusting, letting go, and going deep into self, then we start at the beginning with introducing you to Reiki until we can get you to stillness and relaxation. (Reiki is passive, always beneficial, and helps the body and mind to feel light, relaxed, calm, and peaceful, even if your are a type A personality. It's a great introduction to energy work.)
4. If you are feeling heavy, anxious, some physical pain, stressed, or exhausted a Reiki session would be the best choice.
5. The expectation should never be "He's going to fix me". That isn't how healing works. There must be a shift in consciousness in order for healing to occur. You must decide you are going to heal. You must make that intention for yourself. Your intention will cast an anchor to your goal and begin to pull you towards it. Your intention creates the framework for the healing to happen. This is the healing journey.
My purpose is providing the atmosphere, safe space, sound, aromatherapy, laying on of hands, and guidance. If you are able to set the intention to heal, trust in the process and find trust in me, I can help lead you to your intention and your victory.
6. The Spirit has a way of bringing us into situations that trigger us deeply if we are ignoring what needs to be healed within us. People will come into our lives and trigger us to make us feel very uncomfortable. These triggers that elicit a specific emotion or feeling is exactly the road map our Spirit is placing on our path so that we know exactly what we need to heal within ourself.
These triggers, unknowing, have been brought to us to fire us up so that we can get uncomfortable. If we ignore our personal healing, know that we will find ourselves in situations that are not fun. Our body, heart, mind, and Soul want to heal. Sometimes, we push it away because it is to intense to feel, however, that is how we heal it, by passing through it as adults, honoring, protecting, and holding space for the younger-self, understanding it, learning what it taught us about ourselves, finding the gift in it, and when we have recieved all the clarity about it, we can let it go.
Chakras hold the emotional imprint of the trauma and we will feel it as heaviness, fogginess, cloudiness, tightness, pain, and constriction, physically in the body below the chakra holding the imprint. Ever feel tightness in the chest, pressure around the head, blocked in the gut? Symptoms you are experiencing and Dr.'s can't find anything wrong with you?
Your body, Soul, and Spirit want you to heal and if you never make the choice to start the healing journey, your body will start to do things you don't want it to.
Remember... I am NOT THE HEALER.
I'm just providing energy, space, and guidance to assist you on your healing journey. I can not heal you, only you can heal you.
This is a process of freeing your mind/body/soul of density and moving into the space of the unlimited, unbounded self.